The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Hull are looking forward to working with a new External Examiner and EPA Assessor (combined) within our BSc (Hons) in Operating Department Practice and BSc (Hons in Operating Department Practice – Apprenticeship programmes.
The duties of the position are as follows:
- Consideration and moderation of students’ & apprentices’ assessments of theory and practice learning.
- Submission of External Examiner’s module and annual reports
- Submission of External Examiner’s (EPA assessor) reports
- Confirming independence and impartiality of the process
- Confirming maintenance of nationally comparable standards across HE institutions
- Attending module and programme Boards for listed programmes
- Confirming successful apprentices with award classifications as described in the relevant EPA Assessment Plan
- Collaboration with programme directors, module leaders and administrative colleagues to inform the continued monitoring, review and enhancement of these programmes
- Contributing to external quality assurance where appropriate
- Submitting conflict of interest declarations in line with the University’s Conflicts of Interest Policy
In addition to the duties stated above, as an independent assessor, the External examiner will comply with the EPA requirements as set out in the End-point assessment plan for Operating Department Practitioner fully integrated degree apprenticeship standard: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/5921/st0582-v12-operating-department-practitioner_level-7_-fully-integrated_ap_for-publication_14022022.pdf (IfATE, 2022)
External examiners appointments are typically for a period of four years and the appointment is for the start of the 2023 academic year.
Applicants with relevant experience and knowledge of pre-registration Operating Department Practice education must also be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Previous experience as an External Examiner is desirable but not essential.
Appointment is subject to meeting the university’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners.
To apply for this post please send a copy of your CV to Natalie Teal: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this post, please contact the Programme Director for Operating Department Practice, Natalie Teal: email@example.com .