The Robert Gordon University is looking for a dedicated individual to undertake the role of External Examiner for the undergraduate Master of Diagnostic Radiography programme based in the School of Health Sciences.
The role & responsibilities will include:
- reviewing the range of modules within the Master of Diagnostic Radiography programme
- confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students
- confirming the comparability of standards of student performance with those on similar programmes at other UK Institutions of Higher Education
- attending assessment boards
- providing an annual report to the University
You should have appropriate expertise and experience to be able to undertake a role in the quality assurance of academic standards in Higher Education (ideally a Course/Programme Leader or Senior Lecturer on a similar programme). Previous experience as an External Examiner is preferred but not essential.
The appointment will be for the four academic years 2021/22 to 2024/25, with the post commencing September 2021.
Please note that we cannot currently accept applications from staff at the following institutions:
- Cardiff University
- Queen Margaret University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Bradford
- University of Exeter
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Liverpool
Closing date: 14th April 2021
If you are interested in applying for this role (or to request further information), please send a recent CV to Julie Rankin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Academic Team Lead, Diagnostic Radiography