The School of Social Sciences, Department of Social Work and Social Care at the University of Bradford is looking for a dedicated individual to take on the role of Programme external examiner for the BA (Hons) Working with Children, Young People and Families programme to commence September 2022 for a 4-year term.
The programme develops students’ skills to work directly with children and families to offer support. It covers theoretical knowledge on subjects such as attachment, positive parenting and interagency working. Further information about the Programme can be found at: https://www.bradford.ac.uk/courses/ug/working-with-children-young-people-and-families-ba/
An overview of your role and responsibilities:
- The applicant should have appropriate expertise/experience in a range of topics related to the programme of study.
- They will be able to undertake a paid role in the assurance of academic standards in Higher Education and should be aware of modern developments in the design and delivery of the flexible curriculum.
- The appointee will be required to moderate a sample of work, attend Examiner Induction, Assessment Committees and Boards of Examiners as appropriate, virtually if necessary and submit an annual report.
- You will not hold more than ONE other UK Higher Education External Examiner post at the start of the contract.
- Prior experience as an external examiner would be desirable but not essential.
For more detail (inc. fees and expenses) visit: https://www.bradford.ac.uk/teaching-quality/external-expertise/
For Further information about the role please contact the Programme Leader, Dr Samina Karim: S.Karim7@bradford.ac.uk
Interested individuals should submit a CV in the first instance by 25 April 2022 to: ExternalExaminers@bradford.ac.uk