The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the recently validated BSc Nursing, Kaplan Singapore for postgraduate nurses registered with the Singapore Nursing Board. The post holder will be the Lead Examiner for the Programme. This covers the following Modules:
AC6741 Research as Evidence for Nursing Practice
AC6742 Innovations in Healthcare
AC6743 Teaching & Learning
AC6744 Health Promotion
AC6745 Healthcare Law, and Ethics
AC6746 Nursing Older People with Complex Needs
AC6747 Health & Physical Assessment
AC6748 Leading & Developing Practice
The external examiner will be responsible for contributing to the quality assurance of these modules. You will be involved in the approval of assessment tasks, moderation of student work, completion of an annual report and may be invited to attend examination boards. You may be asked to provide comments on proposed modifications and the development of new modules. Further information about the external examiner role can be found at https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/university-services/academic-registry/quality-and-teaching-excellence/assessment/guidance-for-external-examiners/
Applicants should hold appropriate an appropriate NMC Nursing registration and academic qualifications. Experience of transnational education delivery is preferable, as is previous experience of external examining, although support and guidance can be provided for those new to this role. Full course details and documentation will be provided to the appointee on appointment.
The appointment will take immediate effect following committee approval, with the programme commencing in January 2023, and will be for a 4-year term. If you are interested in applying or to request further information, please send a CV (max 4 pages) covering the points below to Dr. Jane Murray (Programme Leader), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contact details – postal address, telephone, email address for correspondence.
- Present post and employment history.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
- External examiner experience within the past 5 years, including participation in recognised development programme/training.
- Teaching experience and responsibilities within the past 5 years, e.g., subject/modules taught, module tutor role.
- Quality assurance experience within the past 5 years: design/setting/internal moderation of assessments, Module Leader, Course/Programme Leader, approval/validation/review activity or panel membership (internal and external), collaborative/franchise partner activity, committee membership, any other quality assurance capacity.
- Research and related scholarly activity or professional/consultancy within the past 5 years.
- A covering paragraph outlining your suitability, to include indication of any association between yourself and the Northumbria Department. Maximum 500 words, to be incorporated and not as a separate document.