The Department of Nursing Science at Bournemouth University is seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified academic with NMC registration to act as an external examiner for our pre-registration FdSc Nursing Associate programme. The programme, delivered by our partners Bournemouth and Poole College, has 40 to 60 students per year over two intakes, giving up to 120 students across the two-year programme. Information about the provision can be viewed at: https://www.thecollege.co.uk/courses/fdsc-nursing-associate-apprenticeship
The FdSc Nursing Associate Programme is an apprenticeship, with integrated End Point Assessment (EPA). The appointment includes confirmation of EPA, by the external examiner, at the award board. Experience of EPA is desirable.
The post is available from September 2023, for a period of four years, subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment.
Key duties include:
- Reviewing and approving examination papers and assignment briefs that contribute to a student’s final award
- Moderation of summatively assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attendance at assessment boards (usually July and September each year)
- Completion of an annual report
- Working collaboratively as a “critical friend” to enhance the pedagogical quality of the programme
The University provides an External Examiner Induction/Briefing seminar in November and March each year to support new and experienced External Examiners. The fee paid to External Examiners per year is £450.
We will also require proof of your right to work in the UK prior to the making the appointment.
To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae to Tanya Andrewes at email@example.com