We are seeking to appoint a Subject External Examiner to look at a variety of CPD modules across level 5, 6 and 7 which feed in to our Professional Development programmes. These programmes are flexible programmes as ‘step-on’, ‘step-off’ with a range of modules delivered in partnership with our local NHS Trusts. This role would oversee approximately 10 modules.
Individuals must have the relevant background, current NMC registration and the appropriate experience, and interest to join our External Examiner team. Within our programmes, we offer a variety of clinical and web-based learning modules that are designed to enable a range of students to build a CPD pathway that reflects their area of practice/career. You will need to have a degree of flexibility as modules can come and go within the programme.
The appointment will be for 4 years from 01/08/2023 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend via Zoom up to three assessment panels a year (in March, June and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year, if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out an interim visit per year, either in person or by virtual means, to meet with staff and students to obtain feedback on assessment in practice and to strengthen your engagement with the ongoing teaching, learning and assessment processes
Due to the University’s External Examiner’s Policies & Procedures, we are unable to accept applications from the following institutions due to conflicts of interest:
London South Bank University
University of Wolverhampton
University of Southampton
States of Guernsey
Birmingham City University
St George’s University of London
Edge Hill University
Canterbury Christ Church University
University of Suffolk
Robert Gordon University
University of Dundee
University of Hull
Manchester Metropolitan University
University of Central Lancashire
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by Sunday 5th March 2023 or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org.