The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health at Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following Continuing Professional Development programmes:
• CPD Advancing Tissue Viability 20 Credits Level 6 https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/cpd/health-and-social-care/advancing-tissue-viability
• CPD Infection Control for Healthcare 20 credits Level 6 https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/cpd/health-and-social-care/infection-control-for-healthcare
These Continuing Professional Development programmes can be studied within the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Development award framework, or as a single stand-alone CPD modules.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Have previous External Examiner experience
• Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments
• Submit module reports and a yearly programme report
• Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU
• Attend the Board of Examiners as required
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1 October 2020 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. Applicants should have previous experience of being an external examiner, and hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Laura Kinsey, Senior Lecturer Programme leader Advancing Tissue Viability L.Kinsey@ljmu.ac.uk, and /or Analie Grimshaw Senior Lecturer, Programme Leader Infection Control for Healthcare A.Grimshaw@ljmu.ac.uk