Buckinghamshire New University is looking for external examiners to join an experienced team who support modules on our Level 6 and Level 7 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for Health Care Professionals – BSc/MSc Professional Practice in our School of Nursing and Midwifery. The course teams consist of academics with strong practice backgrounds who provide input and practice knowledge to enable participants to develop in their chosen specialisms.
In the first instance prospective candidates will be asked to take on responsibility for a range of modules that could include: Cancer Care and End of Life Care and Symptom Management. We are expecting to fill the roles in September 2023, and the appointment will be for 4 years.
External examiners will be appointed in accordance with the following national criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of agreed UK sector reference points (i.e. FHEQ, the relevant Subject Benchmark Statement, and any applicable PSRB standards)
- Awareness of current developments in the design and delivery of relevant health care programmes
- Competence and experience of designing and managing assessments
- Standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject area
- Familiarity with the standards of assessment expected of students within the programme
- Experience of enhancement of the student experience
- Fluency in English
In addition, the successful candidate will also need to be a registered health care professional with the NMC or HCPC.
Whilst previous external examining experience is preferred, it is not essential, and the University will provide mentoring support for the right candidates. We would particularly welcome applications from those who have completed, or are in the process of completing, the Advance HE course on external examining.
For details about the University, please visit: https://bnu.ac.uk/
For further information on this opportunity, contact Gulen Addis, Associate Professor: Education and research Gulen.Addis@bnu.ac.uk or Fiona Chalk, Programme Lead: Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply, please email your CV to Gulen.Addis@bnu.ac.uk by 20th March 2023