We are seeking to replace an external examiner from academic year 2024/25 for the BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) course. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds annual workshops. Further support is also provided by the course lead and the Nursing Academic Programme lead. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will have a recognised Nursing qualification, and be Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registered.
- He/she will have extensive adult nursing experience
One External Examiner is required for the full-time, 3-year, pre-registration BSc (Hons) Nursing course.
The role would involve being an external examiner across a range of Year 1, 2 and 3 modules, working alongside the current external examiners.
Commencement date 1st October 2024 for a period of 4 years
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Course lead – Karen Long, K.E.Long@brighton.ac.uk , 01273 644156
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line.
Further information about the School of Sports and Health Sciences may be found on the University website at https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us/academic-departments/school-of-sport-and-health-sciences.aspx