The Faculty of Health, Medicine and Society at the University of Chester is seeking an External Examiner to support the BSc / MSc Specialist Practice (District Nursing) Programmes.
The modules to be examined will include generic and field specific modules across our provision at Level 6 and 7.
It is essential that post holder can demonstrate previous experience teaching and assessing in HE within District Nursing or Nursing, is registered with the NMC as a Nurse and has a Masters level (or above) qualification). It is essential the post holder is a District Nursing Specialist Community Nurse (SPQ) too.
The appointment will be for a period of four years, starting in September 2023. The University runs an Induction Day in September to support both new and experienced examiners.
As an external examiner your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assessments
- Engaging with assessment of practice to include visiting practice areas as required (where appropriate)
- Submission of an annual report to the Head of Academic Quality and Standards.
- Attendance at Assessment Boards
- Advising on any proposed module modifications / new modules
Please send expressions of interest together with a current CV to Faculty Registrar Tom Loughlin firstname.lastname@example.org by the 22nd September 2023.