Ranked in the top 6 in England, for Nursing, in the 2022 Complete University Guide, Keele University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery are seeking to appoint an External Examiner with a remit to cover the BSc Midwifery, pre-registration programme. The appointment will commence with immediate effect and for a period of 4 years. External examiners are key in supporting the school and play an important role in maintaining the standards of the University’s awards. The role includes:
Approval of assessment tasks
- Reviewing samples of students work, both written and practical assessments.
- Engagement with practice-based assessment documents and visits to clinical areas.
- Review of assessment processes and programme modifications
- Sharing expert knowledge in content delivery and assessment
- Attendance at relevant examination boards (usually once a year)
- Submission of annual reports
- Please see the course page for more details about the programme https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/midwifery/
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with Keele University in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC, including a recordable teaching qualification
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject area
Previous experience as an external examiner is desirable, but not essential.
Applicants should send an expression of interest, by CV to: Sarah Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st January 2022