The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for our Mental Health Nursing programmes. Our programme is underpinned by philosophies and theories of social justice and reflects the “Future Nurse” standards. The programme has a wide demographic from both International and UK applicants and we are keen to deliver the highest of standards of education, satisfaction and proficiency to them. We continuously strive for improvements and to enhance the quality of the programme and we`d be keen to hear from applicants who share these values and commitments. We appreciate that applicants may have previous experience and some may not, therefore we are open to developing candidates into the role.
The modules that we are seeking to examine are:
- BSc Mental Health Nursing Degree Apprenticeship Programme
- HS242 Advocacy, Activism and Resistance
- HS243- Person-Centred Care 2
- HS244- Relationship Based Practice
- HS245- The Therapeutic Practitioner
- HS246- Participatory Research for Service Improvement
- HS247- Person-Centred Care 3
- HS248- Supervising Learning in Clinical Practice
- HS249- The Autonomous Practitioner
The appointment will be for four years from [date] and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend in person two examination boards per year.
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report and comment on the content of the subject area particularly regarding subject benchmarks.
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other HEIs
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information is available on our website: https://www.essex.ac.uk/departments/health-and-social-care