External Examiner to look at CPD level 5,6 and 7 modules which feed in to the BSc (Hons) Professional Development in Health and Social Care programme and the MSc Advanced Professional Practice (Nursing and Midwifery Professions) programme. These programmes are based within the Faculty of Health: Medicine, Dentistry and Human Sciences and are ‘step-on’, ‘step-off’ with a range of modules; over 100 of these modules are delivered in partnership with our local NHS Trusts.
Individuals must have with the relevant background, current NMC registration and the appropriate experience and interest to join our External Examiner team. Within our programmes, we offer a variety of clinical and web-based learning modules that are designed to enable a range of students to build a CPD pathway that reflects their area of practice/career. You will need to have a degree of flexibility as modules can come and go within the programme.
The appointment will be for 4 years from 01/10/2020 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend up to three assessment panels a year (in March, June and November) and the submission of external examiner reports
- To review a range of coursework throughout the year
- To attend one assessment event per year if appropriate (for example, OSCE or oral presentation)
- To engage in communication with the programme team
- To carry out at least one interim engagement per year (which may take the form of a ‘virtual’ visit by video conference/Skype in recognition of the logistical difficulties presented by Plymouth’s geographical location) and at least one face to face visit during the term of office to obtain feedback from staff and to strengthen their engagement with the ongoing teaching and learning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. If you would like to be considered for this, please submit a CV by email to email@example.com by 15/03/20 or for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org