The School of Society, Community & Health at the University of Bedfordshire is seeking an External Examiner for our Apprenticeship in BSc Operating Department Practice.
The Course teams are keen to work with External Examiners as critical friends and partners. In addition you will join a strong team of External Examiners with wide ranging expertise.
The Apprenticeship in BSc Operating Department Practice is part of the School of Society, Community & Health undergraduate portfolio which completed a periodic review during 2022 resulting in an expanded and refreshed curriculum across the School.
As External Examiner your duties will include:
- Verifying that the standards of the assessment of programme learning outcomes are appropriate for the level of award.
- Monitoring/contributing to monitoring the continued currency and validity of the programmes as a whole.
- Attending Boards of Examiners at which student achievement in the programme for which Examiners are responsible are classified and degree awards and progression are recommended.
- Comparing the academic standards of student performance within the programme with those of other higher education institutions.
- Ensuring that the Boards of Examiners are adhering to the regulations pertaining to the calculation of awards and progression.
- Submitting an annual report using the University’s pro-forma once per academic year.
The successful applicants will be paid standard University fee and any reasonable travelling expenses including accommodation if required. Due to academic regulations, applications cannot be considered if you have had previous working relationships with us within the last 5 years. Further specific information on this can be obtained from our Quality Officer, at email@example.com
We welcome applications from experienced academics and those who wish to gain experience in the External Examiner role. You should be able to demonstrate expertise in the field of either Health and Social Care or Social Sciences. The post commences in September 2023 for Apprenticeship in BSc Operating Department Practice.
Please e-mail expressions of interest, your CV and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the subject line: External Examiner Vacancy
Applications to be submitted as soon as possible and no later than 12th June 2023 please.