The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health, Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following programmes.
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (top up award) level 6 only
The School of Nursing and Allied have delivered a top award since 2007. We have recently adjusted and updated our programme following the Annual Periodic Review. We now need to replace our current External Examiner for the programme.
The programme offers level 6 modules for nursing applicants that hold a Diploma related to nursing. The programme is part time and offered over a two year period.
The core modules will be reviewed by the External Examiner. The option modules are also offered as CPD modules and each of these modules will already have an External Examiner although there may be some overlap.
The successful candidate will be expected to start September 2021.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
- be employed in Higher Education.
- hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- have previous External Examiner experience. If no experience this programme is an ideal stepping stone into this area (We would ensure that you would have access to a mentor).
- moderate samples of essay, scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments.
- submit module reports and a yearly programme report.
- liaise with other external examiners at LJMU.
- attend the Board of Examiners as required.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 6th September 2021 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Programme Manager, John Ambrose, email@example.com