The School of Science Technology and Health at York St John University is seeking to appoint External Examiners for our new BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) and BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health) programmes. York St John University already has an excellent reputation for Biomedicine, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. We are one of only 6 universities in the country with Sanctuary Status. This is an excellent opportunity for External Examiners seeking to engage with pedagogical innovation in the nursing field.
External examiners would be expected to:
- Consider and comment on the internal assessment of students’ theoretical work and practice-based learning.
- Review and approve examination papers
- Review parity of Recognition of Prior Learning decisions
- Attend School Assessment Boards
- Comment on/contribute to programme development.
- Submit External Examiner’s Annual Report
- External examiners will also be invited to attend practical clinical assessments (OSCAs)
External examiner appointments are normally for a period of four years. This appointment is for the start of the 2020/2021 academic year. Applicants would preferably have relevant experience and knowledge of nursing in the appropriate field of practice. Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners.
Information regarding the role of the External Examiner at York St John University can be found at: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/registry/quality-gateway/external-examiners.
For further information please contact Dr Rosalind Brownlow, Senior Lecturer in Nursing (email@example.com). Interested applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org