The University of Hertfordshire is seeking to appoint a Module/Programme External Examiner to ensure that our assessment and academic standards are being met. The modules form part of the BSc (Hons) /MSc Midwifery & Women’s Health Post-registration Programme. Examples of the post qualifying modules requiring External Examiner review include:
- Maternal Perinatal Mental Health
- Complex Social issues in Maternity Care
- High Dependency Midwifery Care
- Examination of the Newborn
On-line submission by students is in place so most scripts can be viewed via our managed learning environment, Canvas.
As an External Examiner your duties would include:
- External moderation of a range of assessments
- Submission of an annual report to the Dean of Academic Quality Assurance.
- Attendance at Assessment Boards.
- Advising on any proposed module modifications / new modules
Applications are welcomed from individuals educated to MSc level and must have current registration as a Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Please apply with a brief expression of interest and CV to the e-mail address at the foot of this advertisement, including any relevant clinical interest and/or academic experience. The University will run an Induction Day in June 2020 for External Examiners, where you will meet with the Programme Leader.
The External Examiner position for this post-registration programme commences on 1st May 2020, ending on 31st December 2023. Appointment is subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of External Examiners.
Should you wish to apply, please send your CV to the Lead Midwife for Education Cathy Hamilton: email@example.com, 01707 285298.