School of Health Sciences
The University of Gibraltar, modelled on the academic practices of UK Universities, was founded in 2015. Although a new and small University, we are enjoying considerable success and steady growth, with new academic programmes being rolled out each year. Our BSc (Hons) Adult, outlined at https://www.unigib.edu.gi/courses/undergraduate/adult-nursing-bsc/ was launched in September 2020.
As an External Examiner your role & responsibilities would include:
- Confirming the comparability of standards of student performance at University of Gibraltar with those of similar provision at UK Institutions of Higher Education;
- Confirming that the assessment process in its entirety is sound, and has been fairly conducted with full regard to justice to students;
- Providing an annual report giving feedback on the effectiveness with which the University is securing the academic standards of its awards and on the quality of the learning opportunities provided.
External examiners are appointed by the University’s Academic Board for a period of four years, based on the review and recommendations of the Programme Coordinator and Quality Matters team. For the MSc (Hons) Adult Nursing this would cover academic years 2020-21 through 2023-24.
The University Of Gibraltar Board Of Examiners typically meets twice a year coinciding with the key stages of progression. External examiners are expected to attend all Examination Boards. For logistical reasons, participation and attendance may be conducted via electronic means such as Zoom. When attending in Gibraltar, the University will meet the cost of travel and accommodation. (Please see https://www.unigib.edu.gi/quality-handbook/ for more information.)
An external examiner is paid an honorarium of £500 per year.
Please send expressions of interest and an accompanying CV to Phoebe Kelly at the University of Gibraltar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV should contain the following information:
- Current and recent employment history
- HE and Professional Qualifications
- Current and previous external examiner engagements
- Experience of course/module leader roles
- Research and related Scholarly/ Professional Activity/ Consultancy