The School of Life Sciences, at Coventry University, wishes to appoint External Examiners (from June 2023) to support our current team of external examiners for modules within the BSc Biological and Forensic Science and BSc Forensic Science courses. Please see links below for details of both courses.
- Biological and Forensic Science BSc (Hons) 2023/24 | Coventry University
- Forensic Science BSc (Hons) 2023/24 | Coventry University
Coventry University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds briefing workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the curriculum lead, course directors and course administrators. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year and to complete an annual External Examiner Monitoring Report
Appointed External Examiners will work alongside other external examiners advising and commenting on modules at Coventry University. The modules in BSc Biological and Forensic Science will encompass the fields of both biological sciences and forensic science, hence expertise in both would be preferable.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners is within the area of assessment undertaken.
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment.
- Applicants must not have been a Coventry University examiner or employee within the last five years.
External Examiners | Coventry University
For expressions of interest for either course or both courses, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to:
Dr Sarah Forbes-Robertson, Course Director for BSc Biological and Forensic Science