The University is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child).
An external examiner is required for the Child Field of Nursing for two course units at Levels 4 and 5. Applications are sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following subject areas:
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice
- Developing Nursing Knowledge & Skills
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC (Child field) including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the relevant subjects. Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 22nd April 2022 to: Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk