Staffordshire University School of Health, Science and Wellbeing is seeking to appoint an External Examiner to ensure appropriate quality standards are achieved within its MSc pre-registration nursing provision. This two-year, level seven, programme leads to eligibility for entry onto the nursing register (Adult or Mental Health).
Applicants for the external examiner role will need to hold current registration with the NMC.
This is an exciting new course offered by the School. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching and examining at a UK HE institution, have a good understanding of quality assurance and have a broad subject knowledge in relation to the educational preparation of pre-registration nursing students. Experienced and new external examiners will be considered, provided the applicant has the relevant professional qualification(s) and experience. The appointment will be for four academic years commencing November/December 2021.
External Examiners play a central role in the maintenance of the standards of the University’s awards and the currency of the curriculum. They perform this role through:
- discussions with the academic and administrative teams
- consideration of proposed programme modification(s)
- review of assessment tasks and examination papers
- review of samples of student work, including practice assessment documents/portfolios
- the endorsement of marks to ensure agreed, fully moderated and externally examined sets of results
- attendance at appropriate boards of examiners
- submission of annual reports
To apply for this vacancy please send a short expression of interest together with a current CV to QAO@staffs.ac.uk.
Further information on the external examining at Staffordshire University can be found at: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/adu/qes/external_examiners/index.jsp.