The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University, is looking to appoint an External Examiner for our range of Acute and Critical Care Continuing Workforce Development Modules. The appointed external examiner will have responsibility for all acute and critical care modules within the portfolio. The appointed external examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other external examiners in a range of healthcare fields. Applicants are expected to hold relevant qualifications in the relevant field. Experienced external examiners would be preferred, but those seeking a first experience will also be considered. The post requires external moderation of electronic submissions via blackboard ultra, paper examinations and completion of an annual monitoring report and attendance at the relevant examination boards.
• Level 6 History Taking and Physical Assessment
• Level 6 Respiratory Disorders
• Level 6 History Taking and Clinical Skills for Primary Care
• Level 6/7 Adult Critical Care Nursing Core Knowledge and Skills
• Level 6/7 Consolidation of Adult Critical Care Knowledge and Skills
• Level 6/7 The Acutely Ill Adult
• Level 7 History Taking and Examination
• Level 7 Clinical Skills for Developing Practice
Qualifications and Experience:
• Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined,
• Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers
• Familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
The appointment will be effective from immediately, for a four-year term.
For further information, or application, please contact/forward your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org