The School of Nursing and Midwifery at University of Plymouth is currently looking to appoint two External Advisors, one ‘professional/in practice’ and one ‘academic’ to act as a member of the Panel at the approval event for the proposed BSc Nursing Top Up programme. This programme is in collaboration with NSBM University in Sri Lanka and is a top up programme for registered nurses in Sri Lanka wishing to gain a degree and extend their knowledge base.
The External Advisors will be required to review programme documentation prior to the approval meeting on the 3rd December 2020 and will be invited to contribute to discussions at the meeting about the content of the proposed programme as part of a Panel comprising of University representatives to determine approval.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues that meet the criteria below:-
- Holds current registration with the NMC as a nurse
- has not been a member of staff at University of Plymouth or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years
- has not been a student at University of Plymouth or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years
- has not been an External Examiner at University of Plymouth or any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the past 5 years (this includes reciprocal arrangements where a University of Plymouth member of academic staff has been an External Examiner at the nominee’s HEI)
- has not worked collaboratively with any member of staff involved in bringing forward the proposal (e.g. on research papers/publications)
- has not had direct responsibility for providing placements for students from this or another related programme
- is independent of the proposed programme i.e. if they have not participated in the planning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. For further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Louise Winfield firstname.lastname@example.org.