The Three Counties School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Worcester is seeking two suitably qualified and experienced academic staff External Advisors and an External Examiner for the Course Approval of the Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing/Post Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing
External Adviser 1
- to work with the course team in planning and developing the course
Start date: as soon as possible (September 2020-December 2020)
External Adviser 2
- to comment on the final documentation and attend the final approval meeting
Approval to be held in December 2020 – date to be confirmed with the post-holder
External advisers (for course approval) should have:
- relevant subject knowledge and experience,
- relevant experience of HE teaching at the appropriate level – normally at least 3 years, and normally in capacity as course leader or similar,
- relevant current or very recent experience regarding type of course
External advisers should not normally have (or have had within the last 5 years) any professional relationship with the University of Worcester (or partner institution if relevant) or with staff involved in the course undergoing approval/review.
The University requires that external examiners have qualifications at least equal to the programme being examined, therefore must have:
- must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and have relevant subject knowledge and experience;
- preferably holds a General Practice Nursing qualification or has experience working as a General Practice Nurse
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment
- He/she must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day.
Further support is also provided by the Course leader and module team. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The appointment will be from January 2021 to December 2024.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Applications are by submission of CV.
Contact for further details: Dr Kerry Gaskin, Head of Department for Midwifery and CPD, firstname.lastname@example.org