External Adviser (EA2) and External Examiner for the Postgraduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing (L7) Course Approval
The Three Counties School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Worcester is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced member of academic staff as an External Advisors and an External Examiner for the Course Approval of the Post Graduate Certificate in General Practice Nursing (L7)
External Adviser 2
- to comment on the final documentation and attend the final approval meeting
- must have experience of L7 approval events
Approval to be held in December 2020 – date to be confirmed with the post-holder
External advisers (for course approval) should have:
- relevant subject knowledge and experience,
- relevant experience of HE teaching at level 7 – normally at least 3 years, and normally in capacity as course leader or similar,
- relevant current or very recent experience regarding type of course
External advisers should not normally have (or have had within the last 5 years) any professional relationship with the University of Worcester (or partner institution if relevant) or with staff involved in the course undergoing approval/review.
The University requires that external examiners have qualifications at least equal to the programme being examined, therefore:
- must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and have relevant subject knowledge and experience;
- will preferably hold a General Practice Nursing qualification or have experience working as a General Practice Nurse
- should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
must not have been a University of Worcester examiner within the last five years;
The University of Worcester offers support for external examiners and a full induction day.
Further support is also provided by the Course leader and module team. The University normally expects external examiners to attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
The appointment will be from January 2021 to December 2024.
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. Applications are by submission of CV.
It you would like further information regarding this post please contact Dr Kerry Gaskin, Head of Department for Midwifery and CPD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested individuals are also required to send a copy of their CV for consideration.