Salary: Band D – £250 fee
These appointments are in response to the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IFATE) amendment to the end point assessment for the NMC regulated courses. They have moved from a non-integrated to integrated EPA:
- Nursing Associate Apprenticeship (HEE and NMC 2018 Curriculums)
- Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship (NMC 2018)
The EPA now consists of the UWL Awards Board and following this, UWL putting forward eligible apprentices to the NMC. The NMC approved HEI now becomes the EPAO (following registration with the ESFA for the relevant standard).
There must be independence of the end-point assessment which is assured through the award board and includes the EPA External Examiner for this phase.
- Carrying out the EPA as set out in the Assessment Plan for the Apprenticeship Standard, including:
- To review and confirm all evidence for the EPA is in place;
- To confirm the independence and impartiality of the process;
- To confirm the maintenance of nationally comparable standards across HE institutions;
- To attend Award Boards associated with the listed programme(s) and sign off an Award Board matrix according to University of West London Academic Regulations;
- Provide detailed and appropriate feedback to support the end point assessment processes;
- Contribute to external quality assurance activity/audit (where appropriate);
- Maintain active registration on the NMC register as a nurse
- Annually submitting conflicts of interest declaration within the agreed timescale.
For further information, please refer to
https://jobs.uwl.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=QUAL28 or contact Sarah.Michaels@uwl.ac.uk