The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner with immediate effect for Infection Prevention and Control course units delivered within the following programmes; BSc (Hons) Nursing/Midwifery Practice, MSc Advanced Practice and Leadership, and CPD Standalone Level 6 & 7 course units.
An external examiner is therefore required for the following subject areas at level 6 and 7;
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control.
- Management of an Infection Prevention and Control Service.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners. Guidance for External Examiners
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 5th February 2017 to Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk