The School of Nursing, Faculty of Health & Wellbeing, CCCU, is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for our undergraduate pre-registration BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child), which is subject to Reapproval and due to commence September 2017 and our currently running pathway within the BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child). The appointed EE will have sole responsibility of supporting the Child Nursing lecturing team but will have opportunity to meet with External Examiners for the other fields of practice within the Faculty.
BSc (Hons) Interprofessional Learning Programme – Nursing (Child)
- 2 intakes per year in April (Medway campus) and September (Canterbury campus)
- Number of students: approximately 22 students per intake.
- Modules – The pathway consists of 4 field specific modules per year and 2 core modules
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child) – September 2017
- 1 intake in September between the 2 campuses
- Number of students: up to 55 students per intake
There are currently 2 main Exam Boards per year and this is expected to continue
- You will hold a Higher degree & have current registration with NMC – sub-part1 of the Register as a Children’s Nurse
- You will be able to demonstrate an academic career in the field of Children & Young People’s nursing which involves experience as a subject or programme manager (e.g. Head of Department, Programme Director, Professional Lead) & have a significant research record of national standing
- Experience of external examining is desirable
The appointment will be effective from 1st September 2017
For informal enquiries, contact Stella Lovell, current Pathway Director and Programme Director for 2017 curriculum, email@example.com, 01634984442.
A formal expression of interest letter & accompanying CV to the Head of School of Nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to CCCU, North Holmes Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1QU.